Let's have a bit of Friday Fun with our 80s pop quiz. C'mon pull on your leg warmer, grab your stilettos and answer our questions. Email your answers to me and I'll let you know if you're correct! All emails received will get 10% off their next order at Life's A Celebration.
1. Who had a hit in 1986 with `Heartache`?a. Pepsi & Shirley
b. Tears For Fears
2. When was Terence Trent Darby’s first album “Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby” released?
a. February 1987
b. July 1987
c. December 1987
3. Which song contains these lyrics “Clock strikes upon the hour and the sun begins to fade. Still enough time to figure out how to chase my blues away”a. Call Me – Spagna
b. Manic Monday – The Bangles
c . I Wanna Dance With Somebody – Whitney Houston
a. The Bangles
c. The Pointer Sisters
5. What was the record label set up by The Specials?
a. Ghost Town
6. What was the bestselling single in 1983?
a. True – Spandau Ballet
b. Karma Chamelon - Culture Club
c. Save your Love – Renee & Renato
7. What was the bestselling album of the decade?
b. Hearts & Bones – Paul Simon
c. Brothers in Arms - Dire Straits
8. Which song contains these lyrics “Buying bread from a man in Brussels. He was six foot four and full of muscles. I said 'do you speak-a my language?' He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich.”
a. Down Under
b. The Safety Dance
c. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
9. Which song was the 1st UK number 1 to be written, produced, arranged and all instruments played, by the same person?
a. Paul Young – Love of the Common People
b. Alison Moyet – Is this Love
c. George Michael – A Different Corner
10. Which song contains these lyrics “I gotta take a little time, a little time to think things over. I better read between the lines. In case I need it when I'm older.”
a. I Want to Know What Love is - Foreigner
b. What’s Love Got To Do With It? – Tina Turner
c. Rain or Shine – Five Star
Hope you've enjoyed our Friday Fun Quiz!