Todays 'Baby Month' guest blogger is Neil Bankhurst from The Music Pod. Neil is a very good friend of mine and loves his music! His company The Music Pod is a recording studio in the North East of England that offers fantastic recording parties for all different kinds of occasions. Todays he's talking about music ideas for pregnant ladies and babies!
Here's what he has to say!
Music is a good thing! Here at The Music Pod our strapline is “Where Making Music is All That Matters”.
So here are some suggestions for how music can play the part in the pregnancy days and also the baby’s life too. We all know that when our kids come along it changes everything and rock stars are no different. If you’re hosting a baby shower for your friend or you’re pregnant yourself then these songs have all been written to celebrate the rock stars’ children – ideal songs to play in the background of your shower.
1) Stevie Wonder – Isn’t She Lovely? Taken from his 1976 album Songs in the Key of Life it celebrates the birth of his daughter, Aisha.
2) Paul Simon – St Judy’ Comet. A song written about trying to get his little baby boy to sleep.
3) John Lennon – Beautiful Boy. The song was written for Lennon's son Sean, his only child with Yoko Ono.
4) Bill Withers – Just the Two of Us. Just a nice song with a lovely sentiment!
5) Thin Lizzy – Sarah. The song was written by the band's frontman Phil Lynott and guitarist Gary Moore about Lynott's newborn daughter.
6) The Beatles – Hey Jude. Widely accepted that Paul McCartney wrote this for John Lennon’s son Julian.
7) Amy Grant – Baby Baby. Dedicated to her 6 week old daughter Millie.
8) Jim Croce – Time in a Bottle. Written for his son A.J.
9) Minnie Riperton – Lovin You. Apparently written as a distraction for her daughter Maya so she would sleep.
10) Rod Stewart – Forever Young. Written in 1988 about his children.
Here at The Music Pod we love music. Isn’t it great how a music track can take you back to a particular moment in your life? We think that music should play an important part in any baby’s development and it is widely recognised that music and dancing can help your infant. So we say put some music on, doesn’t matter what it is, turn it up, and get everybody singing and dancing!
The Music Pod is a recording studio and rehearsal room. We can offer recording parties which are ideal for a baby shower with a difference. Get yourself together and sing a couple of tracks, have some food and a really great time. Everybody will get a CD to take home and if you choose a couple of tracks listed above it will make a great keepsake especially for the mum to be.
You can get in touch with us at email@example.com or 01207 588958. Or visit our website at www.themusicpod.co.uk. You can also find us on twitter at @themusicpod or facebook at The Music Pod or Party at the Pod.
Thanks Neil - another great guest blogger as part of 'Baby Month'. If you would like to book a baby shower recording party with Neil and have all the baby shower supplies from Life's A Celebration then get in touch and together we'll get you a baby shower to remember!
Don't forget about our baby shower competition too!
Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk