Monday 2 April 2012

A Guest On Monday - Diana Saxby

Today's guest blogger is Diana Saxby a Civil Celebrant. Here's what she had to say!


"My name is Diana and I’m an Independent Civil Celebrant from Grace the Day. I’m trained to conduct wedding ceremonies and baby naming, renewal of vows, Commitment and Civil Partnership ceremonies and I consider I have the best job in the world!


I’ve earned the reputation of the South’s Leading Independent Wedding celebrant and I’m known for my elegant and achingly romantic ceremonies.  You can see one of my outdoor ceremonies on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/DianaSaxby




I trained for this work after a career as a legal PA and then a spell in PR.  I love working with people and as a life-long hopeless romantic, working in the wedding industry I feel I’ve found my vocation!




I design and conduct bespoke wedding ceremonies for couples who want to celebrate their marriage without restrictions imposed on them by registrars.  I won’t dictate what readings they can choose or the music they can have.  One of the most beautiful weddings I conducted had a very beautiful bride enter to the strains of Ave Maria, which totally suited this very serene, beautiful and delicate bride.  It was incredibly moving to watch her graceful entrance down the aisle. 




I also design and conduct baby naming ceremonies, renewal of vows ceremonies, Commitment and Civil Partnership ceremonies and Celebration of Life/Funeral ceremonies.


I’ve conducted weddings and other ceremonies in some very beautiful places, such as a secluded cottage garden, decorated Jane Austin style with homemade bunting, with private water frontage on the shores of Poole Harbour; in the secret garden of the only medieval manor in the UK with a working drawbridge and moat, an August bank holiday wedding on the sand of the exclusive Sandbanks beach and I have several candle-lit evening ceremonies booked for this year and next.






I also exhibit at wedding fairs which gives me the opportunity to speak one-to-one with couples and explain my work.  It’s something no-one else can do for me, because couples are buying me, my words, my voice, my presentation, my delivery and my experience and professionalism.  Nearly everyone I speak to is enthusiastic about my work yet most have never heard of celebrants.  I also give after dinner and networking talks to raise awareness of celebrant-led ceremonies generally.




My website has been my biggest, but my wisest investment and is viewed across the globe. I receive enquiries and bookings from a number of overseas couples who either want to be married in the UK or have their wedding blessed amongst family and friends in the UK.


Naming Day ceremonies are also in demand and I have conducted several double ceremonies for siblings, including one for 8 month old twin girls, which was very special and concluded with a release of butterflies, which was incredibly poignant. I’m also finding my brides from previous years are now coming back to me to ask for naming ceremonies for their newborns which is lovely for me.






Many of my couples and families leave beautiful comments and testimonials on the Guest Book page of my website: www.gracetheday.com/guestbook.asp


Diana Saxby"


Diana and I would love to hear from you so please leave your comments below. If you have a celebration coming up then don't forget that we have a huge range of party boxes for all occasions. We can also put together a party box just for you so if you don't see what you're looking for then just get in touch and we'll chat about what you need.


Keep smiling my friends


Max
x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk