Tuesday 6 March 2012

Planning my birthday party (Part 2)

Well to follow on from Planning my Birthday Party Part 1, I though I'd give you all a quick update on where I am with my birthday party prep. As you may or may not know I'm planning an 80s extravaganza for the 'do' with lots of cheesy music and (hopefully) fun and laughter.


I have now been to the venue and seen it! It's just what I want. There's an enormous dance floor which is great because I genuinely intend to do a lot of dancing all night.


I have been giving the catering a lot of thought too! Do I opt for the classic buffet that the venue can organise for me or do I opt for something a bit different. I quite fancy the idea of Pie and Peas but I'm not sure how that would go down with the guests and I don't know if it would be just one more thing to have to think about on the day. Plus I would need to speak to the venue to see if they will warm it all up for me. What do you think?


I'm pretty sure I know what my colour scheme of balloons and decorations is going to be. I figured that because it's an 80s fancy dress party and all things cheese then really I should go for really garish colours. Colours to match the illuminous socks and fingerless gloves I wore in the 80s. What do you think?


The invitations have been discussed with my fantastic designer; the wonderful Carrie Dennison from www.pressfordesign.co.uk I won't divulge the details of these until they are printed and then you can see them in all their shining glory.


Anyway that's where I am with it all at the moment. I keep thinking there's loads of time to get this organised but it's on May 4th (Star Wars day - May the 4th be with you!) so there isn't really a lot of time.


Don't forget that if you've got a birthday coming up and you don't know what to do then head across to www.lifesacelebration.co.uk and take a look at my birthday party boxes. If you can't find what you're looking for on there then drop me a line maxine@lifesacelebration.co.uk because alongside all the party boxes that are on there I can also knock up a bespoke party box just for you. I've put together loads of individual party boxes from Firework Parties to Gothic Parties so if you fancy something out of the ordinary then the answer could be just an email away!


Keep smiling


Max
x

1 comment:

  1. I was thinking pineapple chunks and cheese on sticks? Vol au vents and sausage rolls....maybe also some fruit salads, flying saucers..... (let me know if you want some retro sweets :) I can get those for you!). xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk