Friday 16 March 2012

My Mothers Day promise

Well it's Mother's Day on Sunday and what are you doing to celebrate the most important person in any ones life? Well that's what I think because I'm a Mum!!!


Being a mum to my gorgeous girl is spectacular and the best thing in the whole world. Traditionally aren't us mums meant to put our feet up on Mother's Day and have everything done for us? I think it should be a day when everything else stops and we spend the day with our kids. I don't know about you but my whole life seems to be spent racing around doing the everyday things that always need doing. Sometime I feel like I don't spend enough time with my daughter doing things like playing games, craft activities and just generally having fun.


So this Mother's Day I'm going to stop..................not spend time working, not spend the whole day doing housework. I'm going to spend some precious time with my child and take advantage of the fact that she does actually want to spend time with me. We've not quite reached the "embarrasing mother" phase although I fear we are nearly there!


Here's some of the things that I will be doing in Sunday. Why don't you try some of these too? Or better still let me know what suggestions you have for things for us to try in our household!


1) A gameathon - we're going to get all the board games out and spend some time playing Monopoly, Snakes & Ladders, Spotty Dogs, Guess Who and Hungry Hippos etc.


2) We're going to get the paint out and I'm not going to worry about where the paint ends up. It will clean off! We're going to paint some masterpieces.


3) Get engrossed in Enid Blyton. My child loves the old Enid Blyton stories so we're going to get into a Famous Five or Secret Seven story. We may even write our own adventure story with its own characters.


4) Have a party tea. We're not going out for lunch. We're going to stay in with sausage rolls, triangle sandwiches, crisps, Jammie Dodgers etc. She loves a good party tea (and so do I!) so I figured lets have a feast that we'll enjoy


5) Ride our bikes - we live in a beautiful part of the world so (English weather permitting!) we're going to get out there and enjoy it!




So even if the washing basket is overflowing, even if the breakfast dishes are sat in the sink all day, even if the sun shines through the window and the whole world can see how dusty my telly is - this Sunday I DON'T CARE! I know what I'm doing - spending a fabulous Mother's Day is my favourite person in all the world!!


What are you doing this Mother's Day? Let me know. Me and my daughter would love to know. You never know we might end up doing that too!


Don't forget that I do party boxes too (that's my shameless plug btw - can you tell????)


Keep smiling my friends


Max
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk