Wednesday 23 November 2011

Where do your party ideas come from?

I love my job. It’s as plain and simple as that. One of my very favourite jobs is thinking up party ideas. Since I started this business I have had some pretty amazing days and one of my favourite days was when I sat all day putting together the Pop Music Quizzes for our Milestone parties. For the 30th party you get 90s music and pop quiz, for the 40th you get 80s music and pop quiz, for the 50th you get the 70s and I think you’ve got it by now but for the 60th you get 60s.

I’ve always worked with numbers and believe it or not I’m an Economist by trade. I’ve always enjoyed throwing parties but if you would have told me even a year ago that I would be putting together parties for people for a living I’d have laughed in your face. It’s not the sort of thing you expect an Economist to be doing. In fact many of my dull accountant friends (let’s hope they don’t read this!) have said to me since I started the business “I don’t know where you get your ideas from” and if I’m totally honest neither do I. They’ve obviously been in my brain for 34 years just bursting to get out!
I am constantly being approached to think up new party ideas and I think this is one of the shining glories of my party boxes. There’s no getting away from the fact that there is a wealth of information on the internet on how to have a party or ideas for party games but do you honestly have the time (or the inclination!) to trawl through these sites? Also the stuff you read is nearly always the same – our Party boxes offer something different.

But I can’t judge whether my ideas are any good. I leave that to my customers. Without exception, I have always received excellentfeedback on every party I have ever sent out, so the ‘proof of the pudding’ and all that. Most people comment on the value for money and the meticulous attention to detail because of all the items that you receive in the box. That’s not just the tangible items i.e. your plates, decorations etc. but also the intangible things like the games ideas, quizzes or recipe ideas. So if you’re after a great party but without all the toing and froing then you know what to do!
Right time to go but before I do and so I don’t get any complaints; accountants are not dull…………………………………….well not all the time anyway.

Max

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello

Welcome to Life's A Celebration's Blog. We box up all kinds of parties for all kinds of celebrations. Pop across and see us at www.lifesacelebration.co.uk